Product Development Manager with over a dozen years as a media professional. Keen eye for trends, very proficient in social media, mobile content, audience growth and retention, analytics, creating brand awareness, writing compelling copy, coding using industry standard languages.
The Palm Beach Post and Palm Beach Daily News - West Palm Beach, FL
Digital Editor - January 2016 - present
- Helped develop, deliver, present and promote content on multiple digital platforms. Tracked trends using Adobe and Google AMP analytics environments. Worked with the Community group and independently serving the entire newsroom on a daily basis, assisted reporters in a digital-first environment to assign and develop stories and determine the best ways to deliver the news, including social media, interactives and video. Worked alongside the Community editor to develop short- and long-term strategies to increase page views and engagement.
- Managed weekly newsletters sent out to eight municipalities in Palm Beach County, increasing engagement and click-thru rates.
- Assisted other groups, including Breaking News during breaking news events.
- Worked extensively on the Community group's Facebook page to increase engagement and traffic goals.
- Trained reporters on social media best practices and effective engagement.
- Used analytics to inform reporters about trends in their beats and assist them in cultivating more stories that aligned with the demands of their audience.
- Cultivated an environment promoting SEO best practices.
Product Development Manager - March 2014 - December 2015
- Conceptualized, designed, and coded multiple niche websites.
- Worked closely with IT staff to manage servers, DNS and other needs as they arose.
- Worked closely with Social Media Editor to ensure best practices on mobile devices.
- Stayed on top of current trends within mobile and social media.
- Regularly coordinated with several departments to meet project goals.
- Generated ideas to strategically attract new audience.
Mobile Editor - August 2011 - March 2014
- Project manager - numerous iPad, iPhone, and Android apps.
- Championed social media as an important vehicle and emphasized social's close ties to mobile devices.
- Tracked user engagement via analytics tools.
- Worked with advertising and marketing to ensure a focused mobile strategy.
- Managed vendor relationships to keep products running smoothly.
Palm Beach Daily News - Digital Content Specialist - April 2010 - August 2011
- Supervised content placement for stories, photos and more on the website.
- Managed social media presence.
- Cultivated a close relationship with advertising in order to meet their goals, including traffic analysis, marketing content and creation of informational materials.
Online Innovations Editor - January 2007 - April 2010
- Produced, created and designed web sites, blog aggregators, photo sharing sites and more to enhance user experience and increase page views.
- Conceptualized, wrote and aggregated stories.
- Managed digital media projects from conception to completion.
- Video Producer, Health Channel Producer, Web Producer.
- Generated marketing and advertising ideas, copy and design.
- Worked with multiple vendors and departments to finish projects on tight deadlines.
CherryOne Web Design - Chicago, IL
October 2006 - December 2006
Search Engine Optimization Specialist
- Used techniques such as link sharing, metatags, and content optimization to achieve better search engine results for web sites.
- Optimized search engine results and mapped sites for popular search engines such as Google and Yahoo.
- Created marketing/content optimization copy.
The Palm Beach Post - West Palm Beach, FL
January 2006 - September 2006
Online Traffic Coordinator
- Extensive knowledge of advertising software.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe SiteCatalyst and Google Analytics to track web traffic patterns and trends.
- Worked under numerous deadlines, able to troubleshoot problems as they arose.
- Coordinated workflow between the online content team and the advertising sales team.
- Overhauled ad targeting system for the entire family of Palm Beach Newspapers web sites.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication
Primary focus of study:
- Specialized Reporting - Documentary
- Publication Design
- Specialized Reporting - Internet Journalism